Tuesday, July 25, 2023

TANGLES

 Thank god or whatever, or whomsoever

Presides over missing objects,

That I never said what I thought

I was going to say.

Now I know that I was wrong,

All along

The thing that I had thought was gone

Hadn’t gone at all.

It had concealed itself behind a door.

But in my confused brain

I thought it had been deliberately taken.

I believed that to be

The only possible explanation.

What a sad shambles,

Mentally I thrashed around as if

Caught in kraken’s tentacles,

Or as if I had fallen into a prickly patch

Of brambles.

Until I composed a cold polite speech

To address the whereabouts of

The thing that I had thought was gone.

But I never uttered

This mistaken accusation,

Because the gone thing reappeared

From where it had aways been.

So, I didn’t have to seem

To be more of a drooling fool than I usually do.

No comments: