Friday, April 07, 2023

flightlessness.

 Now I’m all over my avian envy,

Once I almost cried with jealously,

That I could not be

One of the

Winged creatures that flew over me.

I used to be disconsolate.

That I could not levitate.

And I cursed my creator again and again

Since I could only fly in an aeroplane.

Yet, I attained some consolation.

For my landlocked situation,

Since some birds are flightless too

Emus, rheas, penguins, cassowaries, kiwis and kakapoos.

But I derived scant comfort from that,

As I couldn’t hover over the world below;

I had no wings to flap or glide,

Which used to eat me up inside.

But now I know it’s far too late,

I must accept my earthbound fate.

Descending with wingsuit or parachute

Would never be a substitute.

It would be appalling.,

It would just be modified falling

So, I must await future rebirth,

And just be judged for my worth,

Or worthlessness

Until then I accept

My flightlessness.

No comments: