Monday, March 25, 2019

AUTOBIOGODRIVEL



I started to write my autobiography, then,
I sneezed, and sneezed, and sneezed again.
I blew out onto the page words and memories,
And, probably, tiny particles of my brain.
So, I have assembled this miscellany,
From the stains that remained.
I am an unpleasant peasant pedant,
And an excited observer of ants,
A wiper of damp patches;
I miss the taste of postage stamps.
Once I had a god-given omen,
An eagle’s feather floating down from a clear sky,
It fell at my feet silently,
And I just walked on by.
I stack volumes on shelves,
Suck up dust with a machine.
My only traditional is breakfast,
But I am averse to beans.
And not one word of this matters,
Or means very much at all,
As I’m an atom in an atom in an atom,
On a cosmic billiard ball.

No comments: