Saturday, April 30, 2016

mousedeathode

I arranged an assassination
Of a visitor to my home,
But, I’m no modern Machiavelli
Or player of a game of thrones
So I must stress
It was not a guest,
Who died on my floor alone.
My victim came in uninvited,
I was not a jovial host.
He or she ran away
In a streak of grey
So I thought, at first, it was a ghost.
But in the end through over confidence
My visitor showed its true form
Pointy at the front
And incontinent at the back
It shat all over my floor.
Now I’m no benign Buddhist mystic
Or smiling tolerant sage
So scattering mouse turds all over my place
Caused my anti-rodent death rage.
But when I took the limp corpse out
To throw it in the bin
The Mouse god started planning a vengeance
For my rodenticidal sin.

Soon I know that I’ll be offered
Something I cannot refuse
A free holiday forever, or a return ticket to youth
I’ll tread on the trigger to get it
Then the man trap will smash into my back
And I’ll become reincarnated
To scurry for crumbs
In the corners of some fat bloke’s flat.


No comments: