Friday, March 03, 2023

MONITOR

 How do I know what my body is doing?

How do I check if my glasses are slipping down my nose?

And how does that feed into the decision

To alter the position

Of my eyeware?

Do I have a monitor that is monitoring me?

Is there a large carnivorous lizard within me?

Watching me with expressionless reptilian eyes?

Does it sinuously move

Its long scaly tail inside my guts?

Is it waiting to exit me?

When I no longer provide it enough sustenance?

Or when it gets bored with assessing

If my spectacles are slipping?

I hope that that is so.

It would be a good way to go,

Instead of being laid low

From the inevitable impending heart attack,

It would make a change,

To go into A&E

And have a six-foot lizard burst out of me.

I do love the NHS,

But my monitor could create

Such a beautiful bloody mess.

No comments: