Thursday, February 23, 2023

boomerbox

 My internal soundtrack echoes,

Between my earlobes,

Inside my bone dome,

But neighbours don’t bang on the wall,

Because they can’t hear it at all.

It helps me get through doing.

All the things that I don’t want to do,

But have to do.

It plays me snatches of,

Bowie, Steely Dan and Stan

Webb of Chicken Shack

They all get played back.

It’s never the whole tune,

And it’s not

Always what I want.

I hoped that I’d forgotten

Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch,

But they echo through decades,

Like an irritating aural itch.

If you think that that’s bad

How about a random slice of tune,

From an advert for a product

That I neither need nor want?

But I can’t shake it off,

I hear it in here, more than enough.

Some people hear it colours,

Thus, perhaps making art,

But that’s not me.

I’m not Mozart,

Composing wonderful symphonies.

Just patches and snatches.

From my synapses

Playing inside my head instead.

It could be worse

As I’m

Not averse

To sitting on the crapper

Listening to Frank Zappa

Singing ‘I’m The Slime’.

No comments: